About the client
Asylet is located in Grønland – one of the most exciting and lively districts in Oslo. Our house was built as a merchant’s house in about 1730, and has a rich history. At different times, the building also functioned as a court and a bank. Since 1967 it’s been under protection of city’s authorities, and to this day – the tourist attraction of Oslo.
They offer authentic Norwegian cuisine, with a focus on meat, fish, and homemade desserts. Their cooks use locally sourced ingredients from the finest producers of Norway.
Scope of work
- WordPress integration
Asylet already had their website but it was developed in html code by a previous provider so it wasn’t possible for them to:
- change text and images
- access an image library with upload, automatic resizing and preview for images
- hide and add pages.
Our proposal was to use WordPress to handle the back-end and give them the possibility to do everything they wanted.
Asylet was happy with the original design so it wasn’t very difficult to plan next steps at the beginning of the project. We agreed on some small changes with the client and as we already had the design and the content in place, we just had to organize intern in IQPLUS how to best implement WordPress in this project.
We decided to go for a quick sprint and the project was delivered in two time!
In terms of administration, WordPress is significantly easier to use than any of its competitors. The administrative interface is much more intuitive, adding content is quick and simple, and installing plugins takes very little effort.
Standard functionalities of the website are defined as follows:
- WordPress platform
- Professional, modern and user-friendly design
- Responsive Design: desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile. Compatible with all browsers
- Location via Google Maps
- Links to social media via icons (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Photo Gallery. Video Gallery
- News / Stories (categories, archives, calendars)
- FAQ (frequently asked questions)
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Follow GDPR rules
- Mailchimp integration
- Advanced contact form: Name, E-mail, Phone, Message, Date, Time, Quantity
- Two-language availability (Norwegian-English)
We are always learning and using the latest technologies on our projects if possible.
The Asylet technology stack is:
- WordPress platform
Conversation is one of our most important values and a habit we support at every stage of our development process. We use Slack for chat, Trello for planning, and Github for code reviews and discussion.